If you have loud cupboards or drawers you can add peal and stick fabric buttons to them to make them quieter. This is a very simple home mod that has a huge impact.
Today we are going to talk about some simple ways to save energy costs in the bathroom.
1. Install energy star fixtures. These are designed to conserve energy.
2. Install LED light bulbs. Just replace any that are not LED.
3. Use warm or cold water while showering. The savings really add up over the year.
4. Install motion sensors for lights.
5. Turn off exhaust fans 10 minutes after you shower.
We know that if you use this simple tips you can save energy and money in the bathroom!
Today we are going to talk about the different types of home siding. You can get siding in several different types of materials and these are:
– Wood Siding
– Vinyl Siding
– Fiber Cement Siding like James Hardie Siding
– Brick Siding
– Stone Siding
– Glass Siding
– Metal Siding
– Stucco Siding
All of these have pros and cons associated with them. We would love to meet up and give you a free estimate on different siding options!
“Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!“– David Dweck
Today’s recipe comes from our friends at Shelikesfood and it is a delicious Quinoa Chickpea Sweet Potato Salad (https://www.shelikesfood.com/quinoa-chickpea-sweet-potato-salad/)
Today we are going to talk about a real gem in the Sellwood area of Portland. Oaks Park! This is a family favorite and has been in Portland since 1905!
This is from their website, “Located in Portland’s historic Sellwood neighborhood, Oaks Park has been “where the fun never ends” since 1905! Oaks Amusement Park is the last of the historic “trolley parks” still in operation in the northwest and among the oldest continually operating amusement parks in America. “The Oaks” first opened its gates to eager visitors on May 30th, 1905, as a way of boosting ridership on the area’s emerging interurban transportation system. Arriving via streetcar, visitors to the park were thrilled by exotic animals, nightly fireworks, a bathhouse, death-defying amusement rides, and that latest of inventions – electric lights! “The Oaks” is proud to have offered safe, wholesome, family fun to our neighbors for over a century. Today when visitors walk through our gates they are delighted by a uniquely Portland blend of modern thrills and turn-of-the-century charm on a midway that houses everything from the vintage roller skating rink at one end to the state-of-the-art Adrenaline Peak Roller Coaster at the other. The goal of “The Oaks” remains the same as it began a century ago, to give our neighbors a thrilling and affordable day of fun right in their own backyard.”
Oaks Park is just 10 minutes from downtown Portland and parking is always free! We highly recommend it!
What are the different types of roofing material do we use the most in Portland, Oregon? We have a pretty wet, mild climate here in the The main types of roofing material we use are:
– Architectural Shingles – These are your Lifetime shingles that are most common. They come from many manufacturers like GAF, Malarkey and Certainteed.
– Presidential Shingles -These are a higher end shingle that are cut in a Z type pattern.
– Metal Roofing – This is a heavy gauge metal that they can attach with fasteners or special tools to attach the metal together.
– Wood Shake Roofing – This is a traditional wood shingle.
– Tile Roofing – These are usually a clay type material that come in several shapes and styles
– Rubber Roofing by Euroshield Please let us know how we can show you samples of these shingles and get a free estimate!
Today we are going to talk about simple ways to raise your homes curb appeal! These are:
– Trim the Shrubs! Such a simple little change can make a huge difference!
– Pressure wash the Driveway
– Upgrade your front porch light
– Pressure wash the Deck
– Redo your front walkway. Add some gravel and Bricks. Very simple additions to make a huge change
– Paint the house
We hope this has given you some great ideas to help boost your curb appeal!